I made this lasagna the other night, and it was cheesy, meaty, and saucy.
8 oz. lasagna noodles
2 cups ricotta or cottage cheese
3 T. grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. of ground beef
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and lay lasagna flat on foil to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta or cottage cheese, Parmesan, eggs, salt and pepper; mix well.
3. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the meat and onions and cook until meat is browned and onions start to caramelize. Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning. Heat sauce until warmed through, stirring occasionally, 2 to 5 minutes.
4. Spread 1/4 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Cover with a layer of noodles. Spread half the cheese mixture over noodles and sprinkle with one third of the shredded mozzarella; top with another noodle layer. Pour 3/4 cup of sauce over noodles, then spread the remaining cheese mixture and another third of the shredded mozzarella over the sauce. Top with remaining noodles and sauce and sprinkle remaining mozzarella over all. Cover with greased foil.
5. Bake 45 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and top is golden. You may uncover for the last 20 minutes to help browning.